Harvest Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless loin pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1. Combine salt, pepper, paprika, sage and thyme; sprinkle both sides of pork chops.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Place each chop in the center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12 in. x 9 in.). Top with onion slices. Seal foil tightly; place pouches on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Pork Chops
"This is good! It gets really juicy in the packet. I recommend tenderizing the pork chops before cooking them for extra tenderness."
"These are just ok. Didn't care for the spice combination and they were a little dry. They were ok for one time but wouldn't make them again."
"I addded carrots coated in oil and italian seasoning and they came out perfect easy to throw together great flavor"
"used different spices....tasted wonderful!! cant wait to make it again!"
"This was a quick and delicious recipe. I also used the same seasoning on some asparagus along with olive oil and balsamic vinegar."
"This was a quick and delicious recipe."
"I would make this again, it was pretty good. The only think I'd do differently is season the meat and let it marinate over night."
"We are not sage lovers, but found found the flavor very good, including the sage. We did make one change. We had some cooked potatoes, carrots and onions, left over from a pot roast and substituted them in place of the onion. The chops were very tender, flavorful, and we will definitely make them again. (The apple sauce went very well with them also!)"
"My husband and kids loved it!"