Harvest Pork Chops
Cooks agree the very best recipes are fast, flavorful and versatile! These tender pork chops are quickly browned, then popped into the oven. For a casual dinner, present each guest with an individual packet. Or unwrap the chops and present on a pretty platter.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless loin pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika, sage and thyme; sprinkle both sides of
- pork chops.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Place
- each chop in the center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil
- (about 12 in. x 9 in.). Top with onion slices. Seal foil tightly;
- place pouches on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open
- foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot