Harvest Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless loin pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1. Combine salt, pepper, paprika, sage and thyme; sprinkle both sides of pork chops.
- 2. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Place each chop in the center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil (about 12 in. x 9 in.). Top with onion slices. Seal foil tightly; place pouches on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.