- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set pineapple aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugars and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cranberries have popped.
- Combine flour and pineapple; add to cranberry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, nuts, almond extract if desired and salt. Cool.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p42
Reviews for Harvest Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review