Harvest Pasta Recipe
Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Chardonnay.—Taste of Home Cooking School
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fennel fronds, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, garlic and fennel; cook and stir 3 minutes. Whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk into onion mixture until blended.
- 2. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pumpkin, turkey and cranberries. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add pumpkin sauce; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fennel fronds if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC