Harvest Layered Salad
Unlike most layered salads that have a mayonnaise topping, this version features a tasty vinegar-and-oil dressing. I often double it to serve for special occasions.
10-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-1/2-qt. bowl, layer the first six ingredients in order listed.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid;
- shake well. Pour over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 10-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 86 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.