Unlike most layered salads that have a mayonnaise topping, this version features a tasty vinegar-and-oil dressing. I often double it to serve for special occasions.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-1/2-qt. bowl, layer the first six ingredients in order listed. Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Layered Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p64
Reviews for Harvest Layered Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review