During harvesttime, I take this dish out to the field for my family's lunch. It sure makes things easy when you have your meat and vegetables all in one dish. And, as many times as I've carried a full casserole out to the field, I have never brought anything back to the house but the empty dish.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the onion, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Layer with the potatoes, flour, corn, lima beans and green pepper. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Hamburger Casserole in Reminisce September/October 1992, p49
Reviews for Harvest Hamburger Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review