Harvest Ham Steak
Sauteed onions top this smoky ham steak flavored with apple juice and apple butter. If you have some on hand, use homemade apple butter for a personalized touch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until
- crisp-tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Cut ham steak into four
- pieces. In the same skillet, brown ham on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until
- smooth; pour over ham. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or
- until slightly thickened. Reduce heat; spread apple butter over ham.
- Top with onion. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.