Harvest Ham Steak Recipe
Sauteed onions top this smoky ham steak flavored with apple juice and apple butter. If you have some on hand, use homemade apple butter for a personalized touch.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Cut ham steak into four pieces. In the same skillet, brown ham on both sides.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; pour over ham. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat; spread apple butter over ham. Top with onion. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC