Harvest Ham Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds and 1 inch thick), quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the apple juice, mustard and lemon juice until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown ham slice on both sides in butter. Remove and set aside. Add the apple, cranberries and onions to the skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in the apple juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return ham to the skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 380 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 2254mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Ham Skillet
"This was an ok way to use up extra ham, but I just wasn't impressed with the taste. Easy, but not a "wow" dish."