Harvest Ham Skillet
Jann Van Massenhoven of Hensall, Ontario dresses up ordinary ham in this speedy stovetop recipe. The eye-catching sauce features diced apple, green onions and dried cranberries, so it tastes as special as it looks.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1-1/2 pounds and 1 inch thick), quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the
- apple juice, mustard and lemon juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ham slice on both sides in butter. Remove
- and set aside. Add the apple, cranberries and onions to the skillet;
- cook for 2-3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in the apple
- juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Return ham to the skillet; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 2,254 mg sodium,