I get rave reviews with this autumn salad. Guests say that it fills them up without weighing them down. Preparing the beets, sweet potatoes and salad dressing a day early allows me more time with guests. -Beth Royals of Richmond, Virginia
- 3 whole medium fresh beets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Wash beets; trim stem and leave root intact. Wrap beets in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil and cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweet potato and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a blender, combine vinaigrette and cranberry sauce; cover and process until smooth. Peel beets and cut into slices.
- On six salad plates, arrange the greens, beets and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cranberries and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Green Salad in Light & Tasty October 2005, p35
Reviews for Harvest Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"This is such a great fall salad! The combination of flavors is fabulous and is very colorful! and it's easy to make. Don't let the beets scare you, it is easy to do."
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2009
"4 w.w. points"