Harvest Fruit Salad
As colorful as the leaves on the autumn trees, this fruit salad disappears fast down to the last spoonful. The light dressing doesn't hide the refreshing flavors of the fruit. Pecans add crunch and the rich flavor of the harvest season.
-Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
12-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pears, drained and chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine sugar and flour; stir in reserved pineapple juice
- until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring
- constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Cover
- and refrigerate.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the oranges, pears, kiwi, apples,
- pecans and reserved pineapple. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium,