Harvest Fruit Bread Recipe
"My sister is raising two little girls but always makes time to bake homemade bread," writes Sandy Vias, San Leandro, California. "They like this loaf best. It's studded with fruit and nuts, and terrific toasted and spread with butter.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash allspice
- 3-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried fruit (dried cherries, cranberries and/or raisins)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add fruit and pecans. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 214 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Harvest Fruit Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC