Harvest Fruit Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash allspice
- 3-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried fruit (dried cherries, cranberries and/or raisins)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add fruit and pecans. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 214 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Harvest Fruit Bread
"Hello! I'd like to know how to convert bread machine yeast bread recipes to the old fashioned way of making bread, hand kneading. Thank you for your reply."