Harvest Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the cream-style corn, kernel corn, potatoes, soup and mushrooms. Stir in milk. Add green and red peppers. Season with pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with bacon. Yield: about 12 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 993 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Harvest Corn Chowder
"Easy to make and tasty also. Shared with our neighbors and they loved it!"