Harvest Corn Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup 1% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add ham and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, bouillon, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken; heat through. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup milk; bring to a boil. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Harvest Corn Chicken Chowder(3)
Sort By :
This was just ok.
needs more seasonings. better before adding milk. will not make again.
I love this recipe!! We had a great corn chowder at a lodge in Wyoming one summer and I have been looking for a recipe that has the same consistency and good flavor, yet not full of fat. So far, this is my favorite. I like the ham in it, but you can make it without also.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Ham Soup >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >