Harvest Corn Cakes Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) Reese's pieces
- Dried corn husks
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; add nuts. Grease and flour a 9-in. round baking pan; add batter and bake as directed. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze the cake for easier cutting. Cut the cake into ears of corn using the diagram found here. Set aside the remaining cake for another use.
- 3. Place cakes on a serving platter or covered board. Frost tops and sides with 1-1/2 cups frosting. Decorate tops, sides and bottom ends of each ear with Reese's pieces. Cut corn husks into 8- to 12-in. lengths. Attach to cakes using additional frosting. Gently pull the husks together in the middle and tie with twine. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Harvest Corn Cakes
"Can't wait to try this with my granddaughter....might try Twinkies instead of cake."
"Awesome !!! My granddaughter and I had some fun putting this together..."
"Didn't see the diagram for cutting the cake into corncobs.Please post this diagram. Thanks!"
"love this idea!! can't wait to try it!! thanks!!!"