- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, seasoned salt
- and remaining pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake
- to coat. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on low
- for 5 hours or until a meat is tender. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir orzo into vegetable mixture; cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer
- or until orzo is tender. Meanwhile, combine gremolata ingredients.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a serving platter; top with chicken.
- Sprinkle with gremolata. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken drumstick with 1-1/4 cups vegetable mixture equals 343 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.