Harvest Chicken Soup Recipe
I like reading cookbooks and finding new twists to traditional recipe. This hearty soup is made with a colorful and tasty mix of vegetables and avocados. Spending time in the kitchen has kept me busy after retiring some years ago.Bob & Georgia Crabb, Scio, Oregon
- 3 medium onions
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 4 cups water
- 3 celery ribs, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 small zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Chop one onion; set aside. Quarter the other two; place in a Dutch oven with the chicken, water, celery, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until the chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove the chicken; set aside. Discard celery and onion.
- To broth, add the tomatoes, carrots, bouillon and chopped onion. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Debone and cube chicken; add to soup with zucchini and peas. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Spoon into bowls. Garnish with avocado. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Harvest Chicken Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p47
Reviews for Harvest Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >