I make this hearty side dish quite often. Once in a while, I add leftover turkey or chicken breasts and turn it into a main dish.
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. In a small skillet, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, onion, soup, cheese and pepper. Melt remaining butter; toss with stuffing. Fold into carrot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Harvest Carrots in Country Extra November 2002, p49
Reviews for Harvest Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review