- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-3/4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2/3 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/3 cup flour, paprika, salt and coriander. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the squash, tomatoes, corn, onion, vinegar and bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine broth and remaining flour until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender. Stir in edamame; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Harvest Butternut & Pork Stew(6)
Sort By :
I don't care for edamame, so I substituted a can of baby lima beans, drained. Next time I will try frozen cut green beans
Not good at all! Pretty awful actually.
This was our first time having edamame and we found out we are not fans of it but the stew was great.
Love this recipe! I was looking for an easy recipe to make for a friend of mine that just had a baby and this one was perfect. She loved it!
Made this for dinner this evening, and it was really great! Followed the recipe exactly, adding salt and pepper to taste. Served over brown rice with buttered sweet bread for a delicious fall meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >