Harvest Apple Cider
From Severna Park, Maryland, Lesley Geisel contributes a heartwarming beverage to our fine apple feast. "I simmer this comforting cider in my slow cooker every fall," she writes.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cups Apple juice or cider or juice
Save more on this seasonal favorite from ALDI.
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 individual tea bag
- Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners
- of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place the
- remaining ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add spice bag.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired
- temperature. Discard spice bag, cinnamon stick and tea bag before
- Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.