Harvest Apple Cider Recipe
From Severna Park, Maryland, Lesley Geisel contributes a heartwarming beverage to our fine apple feast. "I simmer this comforting cider in my slow cooker every fall," she writes.
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 individual tea bag
- 1. Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place the remaining ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add spice bag.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag, cinnamon stick and tea bag before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC