From Severna Park, Maryland, Lesley Geisel contributes a heartwarming beverage to our fine apple feast. "I simmer this comforting cider in my slow cooker every fall," she writes.
Recommended: 28 Slow Cooker Drinks
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 4 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 individual tea bag
- Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place the remaining ingredients in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add spice bag.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag, cinnamon stick and tea bag before serving. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Harvest Apple Cider in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p16
Reviews for Harvest Apple Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2011
"This is my go-to apple cider recipe. It's so easy and tasty- the pineapple juice really adds a nice touch."