This recipe makes a pretty accompaniment to any meal and have wonderful flavor. Even those who normally shy away from beets will gobble these up.Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set beets and juice
- aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar,
- orange juice and beet juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer
- for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add beets and orange peel; heat
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.