Harvard Beets Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set beets and juice aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar, orange juice and beet juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add beets and orange peel; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 61 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Harvard Beets
"I found this to be a great flavor to enhase the beets."