This recipe makes a pretty accompaniment to any meal and have wonderful flavor. Even those who normally shy away from beets will gobble these up.—Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set beets and juice aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar, orange juice and beet juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add beets and orange peel; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Harvard Beets in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p13
Reviews for Harvard Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2010
"I found this to be a great flavor to enhase the beets."