This recipe makes a pretty accompaniment to any meal and have wonderful flavor. Even those who normally shy away from beets will gobble these up.—Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- Drain beets, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set beets and juice aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add vinegar, orange juice and beet juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add beets and orange peel; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Harvard Beets in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p13
Reviews for Harvard Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review