Hard-Shell Ice Cream Sauce
I keep the ingredients for this chocolate sauce on hand so I can make it any time I need an easy dessert. It's very rich and delicious. People like that it forms a crunchy shell over the ice cream...much like a treat from an old-fashioned ice cream parlor.Brenda Jackson, Garden City, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, butter and milk. Cook
- and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream (sauce will harden). Sprinkle with
- almonds. Refrigerate any leftovers. Sauce can be reheated in the
- microwave. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 193 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.