Our home economists share this recipe for hard-cooked eggs that can be eaten plain or used in various recipes.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- Place eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan; add enough cold
- water to cover by 1 in. Cover and quickly bring to a boil. Remove
- from the heat. Let stand for 15 minutes for large eggs (18 minutes
- for extra-large eggs and 12 minutes for medium eggs).
- Rinse eggs in cold water and place in ice water until completely
- cooled. Drain and refrigerate. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein.