Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir in mushroom soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add to the sauce. In the same skillet, brown bread crumbs in the remaining butter.
- 2. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the ham, eggs and buttered bread crumbs. Pour half of the mushroom sauce evenly over the top. Layer with remaining ham, eggs, sauce and bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 481 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 2,121 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.