Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole
My husband's mother was a wonderful cook from Wisconsin. This was a favorite of her children back then, and my kids loved it when they were growing up, too.Lois Horn, Beaufort, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir in mushroom
- soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter
- until tender. Add to the sauce. In the same skillet, brown bread
- crumbs in the remaining butter.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the ham, eggs and
- buttered bread crumbs. Pour half of the mushroom sauce evenly over
- the top. Layer with remaining ham, eggs, sauce and bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 481 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 2,121 mg sodium,