Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole Recipe
My husband's mother was a wonderful cook from Wisconsin. This was a favorite of her children back then, and my kids loved it when they were growing up, too.Lois Horn, Beaufort, South Carolina
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- In a saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir in mushroom soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add to the sauce. In the same skillet, brown bread crumbs in the remaining butter.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the ham, eggs and buttered bread crumbs. Pour half of the mushroom sauce evenly over the top. Layer with remaining ham, eggs, sauce and bread crumbs. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p275
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hard-Cooked Egg Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >