Hard-Boiled Egg Casserole
Make sure to include this easy dish on your menu—it features hard-cooked eggs, which you're likely to have in abundance at Easter. My casserole's perfect for fixing up the night before, if you leave off the potato chips. Right before you put it in the oven, you can sprinkle the chips on top. —Mavis McBride, Mena, Arizona
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- In a bowl, combine eggs, celery, mayonnaise, nuts, green pepper,
- onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and potato chips. Bake, uncovered,
- at 375° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.