Hard Boiled Egg Breakfast Burritos
Instead of making breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, our home economists created this version as a way to use extra hard-cooked Easter eggs. Green chilies and pepper Jack cheese add a little zip.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper Jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, red pepper and onions over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream
- cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the chilies, eggs
- and cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla; fold
- ends and sides over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa, sour
- cream and olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.