Happy Hot Dog Relish Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the cranberry sauce, mustard, sugar, garlic powder and pepper sauce. Cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until cranberry sauce is melted. Add sauerkraut; heat through. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 56 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Happy Hot Dog Relish
"If you get past the weird ingredients it makes a phenomenal topping for hot dogs. I am not fond of them and with this on top even I was looking longingly at a second."
"Surprisingly good. The first bite was a little sweet for me, but by the time I finished my hot dog, I absolutely had to have more..."
"very quick, easy, and tasty. A hit with my family and a nice change from coney island hot dog sauce."