I serve this flavorful baked beef brisket along with potato latkes (potato pancakes) during our celebration of Hanukkah. The recipe has been passed down in my family and is very easy to prepare.—Paula Levine;Lake Worth, Florida
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place beef in a greased roasting pan. Combine tomatoes and soup mix;
- pour over beef. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is tender. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces equals 202 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.