Handy Sausage Biscuits Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Melted butter
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well and set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in the sausage.
- 2. In another bowl, dissolve yeast in water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 6-8 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2 in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 4. Brush tops with butter. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-3 dozen.
1 each: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Handy Sausage Biscuits
"I absolutely love these biscuits. We love sausage and biscuits so it doesn't get any better!!"