Handy Meat Pies Recipe
"These pies are great for a snack - and an entree when time is short, too," recalls Amy Stumpf, Hampton, Virginia.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in parsley, water, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Heat through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, pat 10 biscuits into 4-in. circles. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place over filling; seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour; pierce the top.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC