- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in parsley, water, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Heat through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, pat 10 biscuits into 4-in. circles. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place over filling; seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour; pierce the top.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Handy Meat Pies
Sort By :
"I used "Grands" buttermilk biscuits for this recipe and it was entirely too much bread and not enough meat. Taste was a little bland but that can be doctored up. The amount of bread was the issue that I could not look past."
"Made these for my buddies on card night. All of them said I could make them again anytime. I use them as my testers, so I mixed them up with different kinds of cheese in them. All passed."
"I added tomato paste, jalapeno, sharp cheddar and a little hickory salt. My husband gobbled them up! I will definitely keep this handy!"