- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water. Brush edges of pastry with
- egg wash; fold pastry over filling and seal edges well with a fork.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush remaining egg
- wash over tops. Cut slits in pastry. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and
- Bake at 425° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Pastry can be prepared and rolled out a day in advance. Stack pastry rounds between floured sheets of waxed paper.