The first time I made this main dish, my son's friends cleaned out the salad bowlI didn't get even a taste! The next time I made it, I knew why it had disappeared so fast: The crunchy cabbage, tender tidbits of ham, subtle sweetness of honey and zesty hint of mustard make a perfect combination of tastes and textures. (Be sure to serve yourself first!)
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tablespoons green onions,
- honey and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the ham and cabbage; gently stir in dressing to
- coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining green onion. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.