The first time I made this main dish, my son's friends cleaned out the salad bowl—I didn't get even a taste! The next time I made it, I knew why it had disappeared so fast: The crunchy cabbage, tender tidbits of ham, subtle sweetness of honey and zesty hint of mustard make a perfect combination of tastes and textures. (Be sure to serve yourself first!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 3 tablespoons green onions, honey and mustard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the ham and cabbage; gently stir in dressing to coat. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining green onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hamslaw Salad in Country Woman January/February 1990, p29
Reviews for Hamslaw Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review