- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham (6 cups)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 whole cloves
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add the bread crumbs, ham and pork; mix well. Using about 3 tablespoons for each, shape mixture into logs. Place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, mustard and cloves to a boil. Pour over logs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours, basting occasionally with sauce. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Discard cloves. Serve warm. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Hammettes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p23
Reviews for Hammettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review