Hamburger Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions, carrots, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. In another saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until mixture turns golden brown (do not burn). Carefully stir into soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Hamburger Veggie Soup
"Made this tonight for dinner ..easy peazy ...added a can of corn..turned out delish ..has a nice creamy texture with the roux"
"Thank You ! This sounds wonderful! I am going to make some this week. Linda"
"I don't add the margarine and flour!"