Hamburger Supper Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in gravy mix. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange the onion, carrot and potatoes over beef. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Supper(10)
Sort By :
This was good but somewhat lacking in flavor; we had to use quite a bit of salt and pepper at the table. Also, for some strange reason, even though I drained the browned beef completely; the finished dish was somewhat greasy.
I had low expectations for this, but it turned out deliciously amazing! Added splash of Worcestershire sauce for a bit more tang. It took a long time for my potatoes to get tender (but I sliced them thick) but I prefer them that way. Only added a handful of cheddar at the end...the idea of cheese and carrots strikes me as a bit odd. Definitely will make - and enjoy - again soon.
Very quick and simple and enough to feed my family and keep them full.
This is the perfect comfort food! This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I don't feel like cooking or just want something quick and simple. It's easy and delicious!
Loved it! Really easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >