My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me when my husband and I were first married. Over the past 50 years, I've relied on this meal-in-one more times than I can count. - Dolores Hickenbottom, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shape beef into four patties. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add water to skillet and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour into slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Supper in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p57
Reviews for Hamburger Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review