My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me when my husband and I were first married. Over the past 50 years, I've relied on this meal-in-one more times than I can count. - Dolores Hickenbottom, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shape beef into four patties. In a skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add water to skillet and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour into slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Supper in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p57
Reviews for Hamburger Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2011
"Simple ingredients and easy to prepare. My only suggestion would be to use 2lbs hamburger and to season the hamburger somehow."
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2010
"Burgers were wonderfully tender!!My family tries to limit starches so I did not use the potatoes and instead used extra frozen mixed veggies. I also mixed a splash of worcestershire sauce, fresh minced garlic (2 cloves) and a packet of onion mushroom soup mix into the hamburger before making the patties."
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"a little too sweet for me omit the sugar"