Deb Helmer, Lynden, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, brown meat. Add onion and garlic salt; continue to cook
- until onion is soft. Stir in the flour; add salt and pepper to
- taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Add soup and mushrooms and continue to
- simmer 15 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream and heat only until warm. Serve over noodles or
- rice and garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.