Hamburger Stroganoff Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, brown meat. Add onion and garlic salt; continue to cook until onion is soft. Stir in the flour; add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Add soup and mushrooms and continue to simmer 15 minutes.
- 2. Fold in sour cream and heat only until warm. Serve over noodles or rice and garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff
"My family enjoyed this easy and hearty dish, but I made a few modifications. First, I only used 1 lb. of ground beef. Second, I added milk, very gradually, with the soup, as it seemed way too thick and I used sliced, fresh mushrooms, which turned out delicious. I also added some beef bouillon granules for a richer flavor. This was a good weekday supper."
"Do not cook in an iron skillet on top of a gas stove. It evaporated the liquid much too quickly. I'll try it again, and try to tweak it."
"This was really good. I have never made strogonoff before. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This was a very easy and good recipe. Something good to fix when time is limited."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.