Hamburger Stroganoff for Two Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the consomme, mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper.
For each main dish, stir pasta, sour cream and water into half of the meat mixture; heat through (do not boil).
Freeze option: Place half of the mixture in a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a small saucepan and proceed as directed. Yield: 2 main dishes (2 servings each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 723 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,374 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 55 g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff for Two
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.