Hamburger Stroganoff for Two
I've been making this simple yet satisfying dish for more than 25 years," relates Aline Christenot of Chester, Montana. "Just last year, I tried freezing the ground beef mixture so I'd have a head start on a future dinner. It works great!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the consomme,
- mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper.
- For each main dish, stir pasta, sour cream and water into half of the
- meat mixture; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 2 main dishes (2
- servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 723 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,374 mg sodium,