- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the consomme, mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper.
For each main dish, stir pasta, sour cream and water into half of the meat mixture; heat through (do not boil).
Freeze option: Place half of the mixture in a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a small saucepan and proceed as directed. Yield: 2 main dishes (2 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff for Two
Sort By :
"We love this! Although I do cut the lemon juice just a little."
"One of four thought it was good.One said it was "okay"Two didn't like it at all.Too sour for out liking."
"Stroganoff is a favorite of mine from my high school years. I haven't been able to find the 'perfect' recipe, but this was super easy and I thought really good! I ate it for leftovers for two days!"
"Needed worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and paprika"
"The lemon juice was way too strong. If you make this dish you might want to consider using just salt and pepper or no more than a tablespoon of lemon juice."