Hamburger Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each dish):
- 2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the consomme, mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper.
- Place half of the mixture in a freezer container; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. To the remaining meat mixture, add pasta, sour cream and water; heat through (do not boil).
- To use frozen meat mixture: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a saucepan or skillet and prepare as directed. Yield: 2 main dishes (2 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff(4)
Sort By :
One of four thought it was good.
One said it was "okay"
Two didn't like it at all.
Too sour for out liking.
Stroganoff is a favorite of mine from my high school years. I haven't been able to find the 'perfect' recipe, but this was super easy and I thought really good! I ate it for leftovers for two days!
Needed worcestershire sauce and bay leaves and paprika
The lemon juice was way too strong. If you make this dish you might want to consider using just salt and pepper or no more than a tablespoon of lemon juice.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >