- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, brown meat. Add onion and garlic salt; continue to cook until onion is soft. Stir in the flour; add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Add soup and mushrooms and continue to simmer 15 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream and heat only until warm. Serve over noodles or rice and garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff(3)
Sort By :
Do not cook in an iron skillet on top of a gas stove. It evaporated the liquid much too quickly. I'll try it again, and try to tweak it.
This was really good. I have never made strogonoff before. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was a very easy and good recipe. Something good to fix when time is limited.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >