- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, brown meat. Add onion and garlic salt; continue to cook until onion is soft. Stir in the flour; add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5 minutes. Add soup and mushrooms and continue to simmer 15 minutes.
- Fold in sour cream and heat only until warm. Serve over noodles or rice and garnish with parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Stroganoff
"My family enjoyed this easy and hearty dish, but I made a few modifications. First, I only used 1 lb. of ground beef. Second, I added milk, very gradually, with the soup, as it seemed way too thick and I used sliced, fresh mushrooms, which turned out delicious. I also added some beef bouillon granules for a richer flavor. This was a good weekday supper."
"Do not cook in an iron skillet on top of a gas stove. It evaporated the liquid much too quickly. I'll try it again, and try to tweak it."
"This was really good. I have never made strogonoff before. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This was a very easy and good recipe. Something good to fix when time is limited."