Hamburger Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 399 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.