Here's a quick, easy teriyaki stir fry that uses hamburger instead of the traditional beef strips. It has a nice sauce and is different enough to be a treat for the taste buds!
Kathi and John Horst - Westfield, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in
- water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef until no longer pink; drain
- and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetable blend and
- onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through.
- Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 399 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium,