- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, cook beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Stir-Fry
"The Mustard ruined this dish pretty much. Something told me to omit it. Should've went with my instincts."
"I followed the recipe exactly but we did not like this very much. I won't be making again since I had to throw out the leftovers."
"Very quick and flavorful,"
"Easy, inexpensive, & delicious!~ Theresa"
"Quick, easy, and delicious!"