Hamburger Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (16-ounces) cut green beans or lima beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water or tomato or vegetable juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup mix and tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the carrot, potato, cabbage, corn and beans. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add rice and water or juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 264 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Hamburger Stew
"While the flavor was fine, there was just WAY too much rice for our liking. And then when we heated it up for leftovers, it was extremely dry from the rice absorbing the liquid."