Hamburger Stew Recipe
There's nothing fancy to this recipe—it's just bursting with old-fashioned goodness and hearty flavor.—Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced peeled potato
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (16-ounces) cut green beans or lima beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups water or tomato or vegetable juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup mix and tomatoes; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the carrot, potato, cabbage, corn and beans. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add rice and water or juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC