My grandmother gave me this recipe, so it always brings back warm memories.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth,
- potato, carrot, rice, salt if desired and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40-45 minutes or until rice and
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.