Hamburger Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch of stew):
- 1 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until thickened. Freeze in 3-cup portions for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen stew: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Transfer to a saucepan; add water. Cook until hot and bubbly. Yield: about 5 batches (15 cups total).
Reviews for Hamburger Stew(15)
Sort By :
We really liked this! I used leeks instead of onions and diced tomatoes instead of stewed. I also added 1/4 tsp Savory and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder.
VERY GOOD! I didn't have potatoes so I used more rice. I also added some minced garlic. Just perfect for a cool autumn day.
recipe needs some seasoning, very bland for my taste
I used ground Moose Meat and the stew is awesome. Will definitely be making again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
It's A WONDERFUL recipe! My family enjoys it VERY much! My daughter makes this every week.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >